On behalf of the foster families in Utah, we would like to thank you for reaching into your heart to provide a joyous Christmas for children throughout the state.
Your gifts went a long way – here’s where!
- A total of 784 children, from babies and toddlers to teenagers, received presents for the holidays from the Basin to Moab to St. George, and along the Wasatch Front.
- Cash donations allowed us to purchase gift cards for more than 35 children who were placed in foster homes during the final days before Christmas.
- Local community groups threw holiday parties and dinners for foster families braving the holiday season – including Eastern Utah Community Credit Union, Price Kiwanis, and Staheli Family Farm in southern Utah.
- Brighton Ski Resort collected a truckload of toys that were distributed in Grand and San Juan Counties.
- More than 107 airmen from Hill AFB spent their own gas money and vacation time to deliver gifts to foster families in Salt Lake and Northern Utah.
Christmas can be a difficult time for children and teens in foster care. They are in a new environment, filled with uncertainty. One foster mom told us, “That basketball hoop is exactly what our little guy asked for – both our little are going to have such a magical Christmas!”
Amy Morris and her husband had just finalized the adoption of seven brothers and sisters. For the Morris family and so many others, your generosity helped make it a Christmas to remember.