We’re Dedicated to Your Success
As a foster parent, you’re a vital part of Utah’s child welfare team — a team dedicated to serving some of Utah’s most vulnerable residents: children in foster care. In addition to finding and training potential foster parents, Utah Foster Care helps existing foster parents become successful. Successful foster parents better serve the children in their care. They also serve longer and encourage their friends and family to get involved! It’s a cycle of success… and you’re at the center of it. These resources were created to make your life easier — take a moment to familiarize yourself with them!
What’s my region?
Utah Foster Care (UFC) organizes its staff, services, and parent resources within five regions. Your region depends on which county you live in. Because foster parents also work closely with Utah’s Division of Child & Family Services (DCFS), our regions correspond fully to the regions used by DCFS. Each region has its own foster-adoptive consultant, trainer, and retention services specialist to help support foster families.
- Northern Region (Office in Ogden) — Serving Box Elder, Cache, Davis, Morgan, Rich, & Weber Counties.
- Salt Lake Region (Office in Murray) — Serving Salt Lake & Tooele Counties.
- Western Region (Office in Orem) — Serving Juab, Millard, Summit, Utah, & Wasatch Counties.
- Eastern Region (Office in Price) — Serving Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Grand, San Juan, & Uintah Counties.
- Southwest Region (Office in St George) — Serving Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier, Washington, & Wayne Counties.