There are two ways to adopt thru foster care: the first is foster-to-adopt; the second is adopt a waiting child. Both options ask the best of parents and their support systems and our staff is ready to discuss how your family can adopt thru foster care!
Regardless of the path you take, adopting thru foster care can be an attractive option for those seeking to grow their families:
- provide a safe, loving home to children in need of stability
- free preparatory training to help you navigate the inevitable bumps along the way
- free ongoing support, from competent professionals and fellow parents who have adopted thru foster care
- avoids the astronomical fees associated with private adoption
- Medicaid support for each child, with other subsidies available on an as-needed basis
- comprehensive post-adoptive support