Your Source for Peer Support
Every foster parent in the state is invited to attend their local support group (what we used to call “Clusters”). Support groups meet monthly and bring together 15–50 foster, adoptive, kinship, and specific care families.
Our local support group feels more like an extended family, and the strength we receive from other foster parents could not be found anywhere else. We can reach out to each other, because we know the other families have been in our situation (or are there now).
— Foster Parent
Parents who attend their peer support group gatherings make new friends, share caregiving experiences, and have access to in-person training that counts towards their annual re-licensing training requirements.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Our peer support groups (Clusters) are organized by region and are open to state-licensed foster families in the area. Find the group that works best for your family—maybe it’s the one closest to your home or it’s the one with a schedule that best matches your own.
Regardless of how you choose a group, we’ve found that parents who are able to attend their local gatherings regularly build the relationships and skills that will help them when they’re at wit’s end.
Northern Region — Serving Box Elder, Cache, Davis, Morgan, Rich, & Weber Counties.
- Cache Valley — Facilitated by Laura in Logan
- Box Elder — Facilitated by Holly in Brigham City
- Ogden — Facilitated by Amber & Millie in Ogden
- Weber West — Facilitated by Heather in Clearfield
- North Davis Co — Facilitated by Jenn in Clearfield
- South/Central Davis Co — Facilitated by Mandi in Bountiful
- Spanish-speaking North — Facilitated by Gaby in Ogden
- Level 3 — Facilitated by Jill in Ogden
Maegen Bernardo — (385) 333-7187 — manages the groups for this part of the state.
Salt Lake Region — Serving Salt Lake & Tooele Counties.
- Salt Lake Metro — Facilitated by Rachel H in Salt Lake City
- Kearns/Magna/WVC — Facilitated by Kylie in Kearns & Magna
- Sandy/Draper — Facilitated by Janet in Sandy & Draper
- Southwest Valley — Facilitated by Heather in South Jordan, Riverton, & Herriman
- West Jordan — Facilitated by Ruthann in West Jordan
- Murray/Midvale/East Salt Lake — Facilitated by Nan & Marcos in Murray
- Tooele — Facilitated by Stephanie & Blair in Tooele
- Spanish-speaking Salt Lake — Facilitated by Ruth in Murray
Tina Porter —(801) 783-4655 — manages the groups for this part of the state.
Western Region — Serving Juab, Millard, Summit, Utah, & Wasatch Counties.
- North Utah Co — Facilitated by Britta in American Fork & Eagle Mountain
- Central Utah Co — Facilitated by Beth in Orem & Provo
- South Utah Co — Facilitated by Teresa in Spanish Fork & Payson
- Wasatch & Summit — Facilitated by Heidi in Park City & Heber City
- Post-adoption — Facilitated by Ronnett in Orem
- Level 3 — Facilitated by Staci in Orem
Heidi Naylor — (801) 462-0747 — manages the groups for this part of the state.
Eastern Region — Serving Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Grand, San Juan, & Uintah Counties.
- Uintah Basin — Facilitated by Jessica & Amber in Vernal & Roosevelt
- Carbon & Emery — Facilitated by Karen & Janarie in Price & Orangeville
- Grand & San Juan — Facilitated by Jackie & Kaycee in Moab & Blanding
Kobi Prettyman — (435) 636-0210 — manages the groups for this part of the state.
Southwest Region — Serving Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier, Washington, & Wayne Counties.
- St George — Facilitated by KC in St George
- Cedar City — Facilitated by Vicki in Cedar City
- Richfield — Facilitated by Holly in Richfield
- Manti — Facilitated by Connie in Manti
Diane Callister — (435) 216-3297 — moderates the group for Washington, Iron, Kane, Garfield, and Beaver counties. Marissa Douglas — (435) 979-2233 — moderates the group for Sevier, Sanpete, Wayne, and Piute counties.
* * *
Once you know which peer support group is “your” group, attend their events! Upcoming group gatherings are listed in each issue of the Foster Roster—download your region’s today.