Skills Building with People You Know!
Peer support groups (what we used to call “Clusters”) host small-group training on a regular basis. A calendar of upcoming training events hosted by Utah Foster Care support groups is available in each Foster Roster (our bi-monthly magazine for foster/adoptive parents). Issues of the Foster Roster are mailed every other month to currently licensed foster parents and are also available for download.
Attending local support group gatherings on a regular basis is not only a great way to get the emotional and logistical support you need to succeed, it’s a great way to stay on top of the training you need to renew your license.
- Cache Valley – Facilitated by Jessie in Logan
- Box Elder – Facilitated by Ashley in Brigham City
- Ogden – Facilitated by Millie in Ogden
- Weber West – Facilitated by Heather in Clearfield
- North Davis Co – Facilitated by Jenn in Clearfield
- South/Central Davis Co – Facilitated by Meggin Browning in Bountiful
- Spanish-speaking North – Facilitated by Gaby in Ogden
Maegen Bernardo – (385) 333-7187 – manages the groups for this part of the state.
- Salt Lake Metro – Facilitated by Rachel H in Salt Lake City
- Kearns/Magna/WVC – Facilitated by Kylie in Kearns, Magna & WVC
- Sandy/Draper – Facilitated by Janet in Sandy & Draper
- Southwest Valley – Facilitated by Heather in South Jordan, Riverton, & Herriman
- West Jordan – Facilitated by Ruthann in West Jordan
- Murray/Midvale/East Salt Lake – Facilitated by Nan & Marcos in Murray
- Tooele – Facilitated by Stephanie & Blair in Tooele
- Spanish-speaking Salt Lake – Facilitated by Ruth in Murray
Tina Porter –(801) 783-4655 – manages the groups for this part of the state.
- North Utah Co – Facilitated by Britta in American Fork & Eagle Mountain
- Central Utah Co – Facilitated by Beth in Orem & Provo
- South Utah Co – Facilitated by Teresa in Spanish Fork & Payson
- Wasatch & Summit – Facilitated by Heidi in Park City & Heber City
- Post-adoption – Facilitated by Ronnett in Orem
- Level 3 – Facilitated by Staci in Orem
Heidi Naylor – (801) 462-0747 – manages the groups for this part of the state.
- Uintah Basin – Facilitated by Shanna & Teresa in Vernal & Roosevelt
- Carbon & Emery – Facilitated by Karen & Janarie in Price & Orangeville
- Grand & San Juan – Facilitated by Jackie & Kaycee in Moab & Blanding
Kobi Prettyman – (435) 636-0210 – manages the groups for this part of the state.
- St George – Facilitated by KC in St George
- Cedar City – Facilitated by Vicki in Cedar City
- Richfield – Facilitated by Holly in Richfield
- Manti – Facilitated by Connie in Manti
Diane Callister – (435) 216-3297 – moderates the group for Washington, Iron, Kane, Garfield, and Beaver counties. Marissa Douglas – (435) 979-2233 – moderates the group for Sevier, Sanpete, Wayne, and Piute counties.