Celebrating Foster Care Adoption
Every child, no matter what age, wants to have a permanent family. In the United States, there are about 117,000 children and teens waiting for permanent and loving homes.
Each November, Utah Foster Care and other local organizations focus attention on adoption through foster care. It’s the time to recognize those individuals who have been impacted by adoption and to learn about it.
Five ways you can observe National Adoption Month:
- Learn about adopting from foster care — Utah Foster Care has a number of public events scheduled around the state where you can hear directly from adoptive parents and the children who are now a permanent part of their families. Or, contact us by filling out the form below or calling (877) 505-5437.
- Adopt a Waiting Child — The Adoption Exchange features Utah children who are waiting to be adopted. Many of these children and teens are featured weekly in the Adoption Exchange’s Heart Gallery and on KSL-TV’s Wednesday’s Child.
- Watch a positive movie about adoption — This year, there’s a lot of buzz about Instant Family, a major motion picture with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne.
- Read a book with your family that promotes the values of adoption — Time to snuggle up and read an adoption-related book with your family. Here are some great examples of adoption-affirming books.
- Help us get the word out — Print our downloadable poster and hang it in your break room at work and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Instagram, to stay in the know.