JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER
Be a Part of the Magic
Our Annual Chalk Art Festival would not be possible without a team of volunteers. We welcome corporate volunteers, as well as individuals who want to show their support for Utah’s foster families. If you’re interested in being a part of our festival, fill out the form on our Volunteer Page. We will be contacting you at a future date with more specifics!
MORE THAN 20 YEARS OF CHALK ART FESTIVAL FUN!
Artist details and applications coming soon. We can’t wait to “CHALK” about foster care with you!
2024 Theme – Because of You
We can’t wait to experience your chalking magic!
To keep the festival a great experience for artists and guests, we’ve put together a list of rules.
– All artists must have their design pre-approved by UFC. If an artist would like to change their design, they will need to resubmit their artwork.
– Artwork may not include nudity, lewdness, political messages, personal agendas, or any controversial subject, or anything deemed to be inappropriate by the festival organizers. Scenes that are not in harmony with the spirit of the festival may be removed or altered by the festival organizers.
– Artists may not chalk outside of their square.
– Artists are not allowed to add signage or displays by their square. A social media handle of the artist’s choice will be included on the formal signage provided by the festival.
– We look forward to your pieces of original art. If the artwork is not original, please seek out permission from the owner of the artwork and include credit to the original artist.
– Stenciling and templates will not be allowed in the competition. Gridding is ok.
– Washable tempera paint is allowed. Oil pastels are absolutely not allowed. Artists may be responsible for the clean up of unapproved media.
– Artists may work alone or in teams up to 4 people.
– The type of team will be determined by the age of the oldest artist.
– All artists will be provided a t-shirt, lunch on Saturday, water, and chalk.
– Artists are allowed to bring a canopy for shade.
– Please be respectful of neighbors by staying in your own area and keeping your area clean.
– Please do not sell any items at your square or display any other signs, etc.
– Given the nature of our event, we request you not display tip jars. You may accept tips, but please refrain from providing a tip jar.
Sponsor details coming soon.
Details coming soon…
Youth artist registration coming soon.
For ages 12- 17 | 2022 Theme: Because of You
Artist registration coming soon.
2024 THEME – BECAUSE OF YOU
Become a Chalk Art Festival Sponsor
Show your support for foster care to 25,000+ festival-goers through small business & corporate sponsorships!
For details, contact Crystal.Ashton@utahfostercare.org.
JOIN US AS A VENDOR
Sign up and details coming…
Utah Foster Care Chalk Art Festival is Utah’s largest chalk art festival. We look forward to an impactful two-day event bringing more than 100 of Utah’s most talented chalk artists together to transform Electric Park into a captivating one-of-a-kind experience. We anticipate more than 20,000 attendees over two days.
OUR GRACIOUS HOST
Thanksgiving Point believes that Every Kid Counts. Not only are they providing the venue, but they are a valuable partner for Utah Foster Care Chalk Art Festival 2024. We are grateful to them for providing the canvas on which artists toil away to create the vibrant works of art that visitors can enjoy – for free!
Thanksgiving Point is a community-owned nonprofit with the mission to bring the joy of learning and wonders of the natural world to life through world-class experiences that engage, delight, and inspire. Created in 1995 by Alan and Karen Ashton, Thanksgiving Point is a center of community engagement and welcomes more than two million annual visitors to dine, play, and explore together. Thanksgiving Point is located at 3003 North Thanksgiving Way in Lehi, Utah.
For more information, call 801.768.2300 or visit thanksgivingpoint.org.
We thank the management and marketing team at Thanksgiving Point for their support of Utah Foster Care.