Start at the Begining…
Whether you’re interested in fostering or adopting thru foster care, the qualifications are the same:
- Adoptive parents may be legally married couples or single individuals (aged 21 or older). Couples who are not legally married are unable to be licensed. Same-sex couples are included in this requirement.
- Adoptive parents must be US citizens or legal residents.
- Adoptive parents and all persons aged 18 and older in the home must pass background checks.
- Adoptive parents need to be financially stable and able to support their family without assistance from the state.
- Adoptive parents need to be healthy enough to care for children, as determined by their own medical provider.
- Adoptive parents will not be licensed to do both foster care and day care at the same time.
While adoptive parents may be homeowners or renters, there are physical aspects of your home that are important. To put it succinctly, your home needs to be clean, in good repair, and free from health and fire hazards. It also needs to have enough room for any children you intend to foster.
If you have any questions about whether you or your home qualify, contact us or fill out the form below.