Our mission is to serve Utah’s children by finding, educating, and nurturing families to meet the needs of children in foster care. It’s comprised of goals (find families, meet needs), practices (educate and nurture families), a shared attitude (serve children and families), and values (nurture families to meet needs of children).
Corporate culture is the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization. — Merriam-Webster
Organizations are most successful when they internalize their mission. In order to internalize our mission, we’ve embraced the philosophy advanced by The Arbinger Institute and found in the books “Leadership & Self-deception” and “The Anatomy of Peace”. The purpose for embracing this particular philosophy is to sharpen vision, reduce conflict, enliven a desire for teamwork, redouble accountability, and magnify our capacity to achieve results.
In addition to culture, we have a raft of tools to help you as we work towards achieving our mission. Most of these tools are found below.
Your Personal Profile
- Personal Change of Status
Did you move? Marry? Divorce?
- Direct Deposit & ACH Authorization
Did you change your bank?
- HSA Beneficiary Designation (PDF)
Who gets it all when you die…
- W-4 (PDF) Updated 2016
Want to change your tax exemptions?
- Blackbaud Reimbursement Portal (Outside Web Resource)
This is Natalie’s portal. Go here to get a reimbursement.
- Travel Advance (XLS)
If you plan ahead, you may get an advance.
- Tuition Reimbursement Pre-approval & Disbursement
Taking approved classes? Get reimbursed!
Utah Foster Care (UFC) employees with a minimum of 30 staffed hours per week are considered full-time and will become eligible to participate in UFC’s insurance program after 30 days of continuous employment. Full-time employees are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurances, plus the Flexible Spending Account.
- Employee Benefits Guide (Outside Web Resource)
Everything you need to know about insurance benefits.
Utah Foster Care (UFC) provides a retirement plan for eligible employees. All employees are eligible to participate after six months of employment. All participants are 100% vested when they become eligible to participate.
UFC retirement plan is a 401k safe-harbor plan. UFC will place the equivalent of 9% of the employee’s salary in a personal account. Each employee may withhold additional funds to be added to his/her retirement plan up to the current amount allowable by Federal Law ($18,000 max deferral additional $6,000 for staff aged 50 or over).
UFC also offers a Roth 401k plan. Contributions to a Roth plan are taken out of the employee’s income after taxes. After a five year participation period this money will not be subject to federal income taxes upon distribution at retirement. Contributions from UFC are placed only in the employee’s traditional 401k account.
- The Principal Portal (Outside Web Resource)
Everything related to your retirement account.
- Moreton Retirement Partners (Outside Web Resource)
These are our financial advisors—the ones who speak at all-staff…
HSA & FSA
- HSA Contribution Form (PDF)
Wanna change how much money is deposited in your HSA?
- Claim Form FSA (PDF)
Wanna withdraw from your flexible spending account?
- Regence Insurance Portal (Outside Web Resource)
Find a new doctor…
- Medical Premiums (PDF) Updated Dec 2015
Look-up how much you pay from your check…
- Lincoln Portal (Outside Web Resource)
Find a new dentist…
- OptiCare Portal (Outside Web Resource)
Find places that take our vision insurance…
- HSA SBC 2016 (PDF)
- HSA SBC 2016 (PDF)
- SMM-Summary of Modification (PDF)
- CHIPRA Notice (PDF) Awaiting update.
- Insurance Marketplace Notice (PDF) Expires Feb 2017
- UFC Wrap SPD Document (PDF)
- Mission Statement (PDF)
- Fundamental Principles (PDF)
- Articles of Incorporation (PDF) Updated 2013
- Bylaws (PDF) Updated 2014
- Organizational Chart (PDF) Updated 2015
- Employee Handbook (PDF) Updated 2015
- Document Retention & Destruction Policy (PDF)
- Whistleblower Policy (PDF)
- SAFE IT Policy (PDF)
- Donation Policy (PDF)
- Business Continuity Plan (PDF)
- Better Business Bureau Effectiveness Assessment (PDF)
- State Tax Exempt Form (PDF)
- W-9 Taxpayer Identification (PDF)
When someone asks for our “non-profit” paperwork… this is it.
- IRS Letter of Determination — 501(c)(3) (PDF)
When someone asks for our “non-profit” paperwork… this is also it.
Wellness is an approach to healthy living that compliments how the principles taught in Leadership & Self-Deception helps in our emotional life. Together, they encourage us to balance all aspects of our way of being. Are we betraying ourselves when we make less than healthy choices? Getting up early to exercise or sleep in? A pastry or a piece of fruit… we need to remember to see ourselves as people and act accordingly.
- Desk Ergonomics
- Boost your immunity
- Pillow Talk
- Is Your Electronic Device Keeping You Awake?
- Digital Depression
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Consumer Health Choices: Guide to Better Sleep
- Lose It!
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Living Guide
Need marketing materials to support an event or other project? Use our collateral and calendar request form.
We are currently updating our library of ready-to-print, downloadable posters and fliers. They’ll be listed below.