Utah Foster Care (UFC), a non-profit child welfare agency, is seeking a Retention Services Specialist in the Moab/Blanding area of Utah.
The Retention Services Specialist is responsible for overseeing and coordinating support services for foster parents within the Moab/Blanding area. This role is centered on supporting foster parents and their capacity to care for children in foster care with their associated mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Part-time: 10 hours per week
Salary: $22-$24 per hour
- Oversee Utah Foster Care’s retention programs offering support to foster/adoptive families, including production of Newsletter, organizing appreciation events and receiving donations.
- Work with foster/adoptive families, caseworkers, cluster support groups, volunteers, related agencies, and community partners in an effort to support families.
- Position will represent Utah Foster Care in the community and support UFC’s participation public awareness events for a given geographical area.
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Social Work, Sociology, Social Science or Public Administration: or equivalent years of experience
- Requires some evening/weekend hours, and travel.
- Valid Driver’s License & reliable vehicle required
- Experience with a non-profit or governmental child welfare agency is preferred
- Knowledge of DCFS foster care/adoptive policy and procedure is preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Utah Foster Care only accepts applications online. Due to limited staff and time constraints, UFC only contacts those individuals selected for interview.