Full-time Exempt Position
Salary Range: $55,000-75,000 DOE
Utah Foster Care (UFC) is seeking a full-time Development Director to oversee development and implementation of fundraising plans and strategies that integrate into the organization’s mission and goals. As part of the senior leadership team, the Development Director reports directly to the CEO and participates in strategic planning and leadership for the organization.
The successful candidate is responsible for building relationships that support UFC’s ability to solicit individuals, foundations, and corporations for donations, grants and sponsorships. We encourage all with a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development to apply.
Development Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies which will enhance stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation of continued giving among existing donors
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit new and emerging donor prospects for significant contributions
- Meet monthly performance metrics as established in the development plan
- In collaboration with the CEO, train, manage the development efforts of, and report to the Utah Foster Care board of directors
- Actively participate in mentoring and supporting the UFC board Community Outreach Subcommittee
- Collaborate with the communications team and assist in the production of print, digital, and social media content, as well as the UFC Annual Report.
- Generate donor communications and newsletters; maintaining an active social media presence is a must
- Record all donor communications and interactions in the fundraising database
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out an annual fundraising event
- Oversee grant-writing and coordinate development efforts with the Grants Manager
- In collaboration with the UFC retention team, manage in-kind donation and distribution.
- Report on fundraising activities and progress towards goals to Executive Team monthly
- In collaboration with Executive Team, assist in creation and tracking of department fundraising budgets to meet organization mission and goals
- Ensure all donation platforms and technology are up to date and properly functioning
This is a full-time benefited exempt position, which includes medical, dental, vision care, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan. Most work is done during the typical work week, though there are some activities and events that require evening and weekend hours. There is flexibility in the schedule, allowing some work from home and flexing of work hours.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- Understanding of basic fundraising principles and best practices, combined with practical experience implementing them.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills; able to develop networks and communicate effectively in a variety of settings and different size groups
- Comfortable using technology and learning new technological platforms for communication and receiving donations; familiarity with social media is a must
- Self-starter: able to work independently and/or with a team
- Ability to write and track budgets, understanding of how restricted funds work, and ability to differentiate departmental expenditures
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, using resources effectively and efficiently
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills: attention to detail is crucial, good problem-solving skills, able to meet deadlines
- Collaborative work style with management, peers, and others: able to admit and rectify mistakes as they happen, flexible to change
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum three years of successful fundraising experience required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite and fundraising software
- Experienced, comfortable, and successful at making asks in amounts over $20,000
- Experienced in managing a portfolio of major donors
- Trustworthy: exceptional integrity, maintains confidentiality
PLEASE NOTE: Utah Foster Care only accepts applications online. Due to limited staff and time constraints, UFC only contacts those individuals selected for interview.