Closes 21 July, 2017
Retention Services Specialist
Reports to Director of Foster Family Retention
Part-time 20-Hour Position
It is the goal of the Utah Foster Care Foundation’s Foster Family Retention Department to support resource families in their desire to care for children in foster care. The support, training, and professional regard given to foster parents is imperative in the retention of families willing to care for children with mental, behavioral, or emotional issues.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the Foundation’s retention programs offering support to foster/adoptive families
- Working with foster/adoptive families, caseworkers, cluster support groups, volunteers, related agencies, and community partners
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Social Work, Sociology, Social Science or Public Administration: and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with a non-profit or governmental child welfare agency is preferred
- Knowledge of DCFS foster care/adoptive policy and procedure is preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Requires some evening/weekend hours, and travel
PLEASE NOTE: Utah Foster Care only accepts applications online. Due to limited staff and time constraints, UFC only contacts those individuals selected for an interview.