Reports to CEO
Develop and implement a strategic plan to raise funds in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. Responsible for soliciting individuals, foundations and government funding sources, and managing corporate sponsorship negotiations.
Essential job expectations:
- Work with UFC Board Development Committee to coordinate and pursue funding and development opportunities focusing on the Benevon Model – Creating Sustainable Funding for Nonprofits
- Plan and coordinate Benevon Points of Entry information tours – at least twice-monthly
- Manage an Ambassador Coordinator
- Manage and keep current a donor software database to provide excellent cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Plan and coordinate an annual fundraising event
- Compose and submit grant applications
- Provide content and input for Foster Roster newsletter
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials (e.g. donor & prospective donor correspondence, informational mailings, proposals, brochures, etc.) for cultivating potential donors, informing existing donors, and soliciting funding sources.
- Collaborate with UFC Communication and Department Directors
- Abide by the standards in the UFC Employee Handbook
- Abide by the UFC Corporate Culture – Leadership & Self-Deception
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Two years plus of successful fundraising experience required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university required
- Knowledge and prior experience in Benevon Fundraising Model preferred
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Software preferred
- Non-profit fundraising credentials preferred
Knowledge of development practices, Self-starter, Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail is crucial, computer literacy, ability to work independently and/or with a team, excellent writing and communication skills, exceptional people skills, flexibility and integrity, problem solving skills, capacity to create networks
PLEASE NOTE: Utah Foster Care only accepts applications online. Due to limited staff and time constraints, UFC only contacts those individuals selected for an interview.