Want to use your skills to help children? This is the job for you!
Foster Parent Recruitment & Support
- Location: Uintah Basin, Utah
- Reports to: Director of Retention Services
- Salary: $16 – $20 per hour, depending on experience
- 30 hours per week with benefits
- Closing Date: October 25, 2019
Utah Foster Care Foundation, a non-profit child welfare agency, is seeking a team member that will work as a Retention Services Specialist and Foster/Adoptive Family Consultant for the Uintah Basin.
- Oversee Utah Foster Care’s retention programs offering support to foster/adoptive families, including production of Newsletter, organizing appreciation vents and receiving donations.
- Work with foster/adoptive families, caseworkers, cluster support groups, volunteers, related agencies, and community partners in an effort to support families.
- Implement local and statewide strategies to find qualified foster/adoptive families, including working closely with foster/adoptive parents, DCFS, local businesses and other community partners.
- Conduct in-home consultations with prospective foster/adoptive families.
- Position will represent Utah Foster Care in the community and implement public awareness events for a given geographical area.
- Other duties as assigned within training department.
Benefits: Health & Life insurance, 401 (k), PTO
Requires some evening/weekend hours, and travel.
Valid Driver’s License & reliable vehicle required
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Social Work, Sociology, Social Science or Public Administration: or equivalent years of experience
Experience with a non-profit or governmental child welfare agency is preferred
Knowledge of DCFS foster care/adoptive policy and procedure is preferred
Submit resumes at https://utahfostercare.org/forms/hr-application-employment/