Location: Murray, Utah
Reports to: CEO
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
Position Type: 32 hours per week with benefits
Annual Salary: $41,600 – $49,920, depending on experience
Want to use your skills to help children? This is the job for you.
Utah Foster Care (UFC), a non-profit child welfare agency, is seeking an Accountant, to be located in Murray, Utah.
The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and preparing for cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen.
- Accounts payable and receivable; follow generally accepted accounting principles.
- Month end closing, GL account reconciliations and financial statement preparation
- Maintain accurate financial records and the chart of accounts, maintain organization’s cash flow
- Prepare annual organizational budget, in various formats, for interested parties. Including, Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS), and private funders. Monitor each month’s budget and communicate variances to program directors and board of directors. Monitor the usage of grants, restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Prepare all accounting records for Independent Auditor’s annual audit.
- Tax returns: prepare all information needed for CPA firm to complete yearly tax Form 990 and Form 1099.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting; a minimum of three years work related experience with progressive responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-profit experience is preferred
- Benefits: 401 (k), PTO, Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Goal oriented
Submit resumes at https://utahfostercare.org/forms/hr-application-employment/