Become a Foster Parent

Resources for Kinship & Specific Caregivers

Resources for Unlicensed Families

If you are related to the child, you may qualify for a care of a relative grant through the Utah Department of Workforce Services The care of a relative grant typically provides Medicaid medical coverage as well as a small stipend. Like its name indicates, eligibility is based upon caring for a child you are related to rather than your own financial situation.

Some supports available for unlicensed kinship families differ from one part of the state to another. To find out what is available in your area, we suggest you call the local Utah Division of Child & Family Services (DCFS) office and speak with a kinship specialist.

One example is Grandfamilies — a program provided by Children Service Society of Utah. Check their website to see the supports offered and if they are available in your area.

Resources for Licensed Families

Licensed kinship families have access to the same resources that other licensed foster families receive.

Serving Utah's Children Since 1999

In Partnership with the Utah Division of Child & Family Services